General Information of UCTS
The University of Science and Technology of China is a comprehensive national key university with mainly cutting-edge science and high-tech science, and both medicine and characteristic liberal arts affiliated to the Chinese Academy of Sciences.The university has 30 colleges (departments), including 7 integration of science and education; Suzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, Advanced Technology, International Finance, the First Affiliated Hospital (Anhui Provincial Hospital).
In early 1970, the university was moved to Hefei, Anhui Province.Since 1978, the university reform, bold innovation, in the country to put forward and implement a series of innovative and forward-looking education reform measures, founded youth class, first graduate school, construction of national science engineering, open to the world, etc., become a national high-quality talent training and high-level scientific research. It is one of the first universities to the "985 project" and "211 project". In September 2017, the university was selected into the first batch of world first-class universities and world-class discipline construction universities, and a total of 11 disciplines were selected into the world first-class discipline construction list.Over the past 60 years since its establishment, the school has adhered to the school motto of red and science and reality, dared to be the first, forge ahead, has trained a large number of outstanding talents with both political integrity and ability, made a series of scientific research achievements, and made important contributions to the development of the cause of the Party and the country.
USTC International College
In April 2017, USTC International College was established to better serve the national foreign strategy, connect with domestic and foreign high-quality science and education resources, and build an important platform for overseas cooperation and exchange. The International College is supported by USTC Office of International Cooperation, cooperating with the Academic Affairs Office, the Graduate School, the Human Resources Department, Scientific Research Department, etc., collaborating and interacting with the faculties, undertaking cultivation of international student, development of overseas cooperation and student exchange program, innovation and integration of English-Taught Course system, etc.
The main campus of the International College is located in Hefei, which enrolls undergraduate, graduate degree students as well as short-term non-degree students. At the same time, 8 international master's English programs in computer technology, software engineering, public affairs and management were developed on the Suzhou campus. The college has set up a relatively comprehensive scholarship system for international students to ensure their life and has organized a variety of extracurricular activities to help international students better integrate into campus life.
The intensification of globalization and the deepening of reformation and opening up in China have put forward higher requirements for cultivation of international talent. The college actively builds educational cooperation with overseas first-class universities, expands student exchanges, joint programs with world-renowned universities.
In the future, the International College will further promote the teaching reform, accelerate the integration and innovation of disciplinary advantages, so that its discipline construction, academic research, teaching and the cultivation of students enter a new development stage.
Scholarship in USTC
USTC scholarship for undergraduate programs has two levels:
● Level A, funded by USTC, includes tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, monthly living allowance of 2,500 RMB and accommodation subsidy;
● Level B, funded by USTC, includes tuition waiver.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants can either apply for one level or two levels at the same time. We will decide which level of the fellowship may be given based on the comprehensive elevation of the applicant. Each applicant can only be supported by one scholarship.
USTC Fellowship for master's programs has two levels:
● Level A, funded by Ministry of Education (Chinese Government Scholarship), Chinese Academy of Sciences (ANSO Scholarship) or USTC, includes tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, monthly living allowance of 3,000 RMB and accommodation subsidy;
● Level B, funded by USTC, includes tuition waiver. Subsidy for Teaching Assistance or Research Assistance will be available for application after enrollment.
USTC Fellowship for doctoral programs has three levels:
● Level A, funded by Chinese Academy of Sciences (ANSO Scholarship), includes tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and monthly living allowance of up to 7,000 RMB;
● Level B, funded by Ministry of Education (Chinese Government Scholarship) or USTC, includes tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, monthly living allowance of 3,500 RMB and accommodation subsidy;
● Level C, funded by USTC, includes tuition waiver. Subsidy for Teaching Assistance or Research Assistance will be available for application after enrollment.
Applicants for Visiting Student Programs in USTC can apply for USTC Fellowship. There are three different levels,
● Level A is funded by USTC, which includes: tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, free university dormitory, and monthly stipend up to 2,500 RMB for an undergraduate student, 3,000 RMB for a master student, and 3,500 RMB for a Ph.D. student ;
● Level B is funded by USTC, which includes: tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, free university dormitory ;
● Level C is funded by USTC, which includes: tuition waiver.