1. Introduction of Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics
Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics is an undergraduate university jointly established by the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Education and the People's Government of Jiangxi Province, focusing on economics and management disciplines, and coordinated development of law, engineering, liberal arts, sciences, and arts. Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics is a national demonstration university for deepening the reform of innovation and entrepreneurship education, a Chinese government scholarship host institution for foreign students in China, and is selected as a national "Basic Capacity Building Project for Universities in the Central and Western Regions", and a first-class discipline construction university in Jiangxi Province.
The predecessor of Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics was the Jiangxi Provincial Commercial School founded in the autumn of 1923. Jiangxi College of Finance and Economics was established in 1958. It was renamed and suspended during the Cultural Revolution. It was reopened in 1978. In 1980, it became an institution under the Ministry of Finance. In 1996, it was renamed as Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics. In 2000, the school management system was changed from the Ministry of Finance to Jiangxi Province. In 2012, it became a university jointly established by the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Education and the People's Government of Jiangxi Province.
2. Characteristic majors of Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics
(1) National Characteristic Majors of Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics: Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Information Management and Information System, Finance, Law.
(2) Provincial-level Characteristic Majors of Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics: Economics,International Economics and Trade, Business Administration, Marketing, Financial Management, Labor and Social Security, Law, Statistics, Computer Science and Technology.
(3) Demonstration Site for Comprehensive Reform of Provincial Majors of Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics: Public Finance, Finance, International Economics and Trade, Economic Statistics, Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resource Management.
3. Foreign students from Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics gather their strength to cheer for China
While all parts of the country were fighting the battle against epidemic and carrying out prevention and control work together, the international students studying in Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics were not timid. Instead of shrinking back, they chose to work together with the school teachers to fight the epidemic together！
The leader of the international student volunteer team of Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics is a student called Temitayo, a master of international business from Nigeria. He said: "It is a great honor to be able to participate in this epidemic with our teachers in this way. I feel that all Chinese people are working together to prevent the epidemic and they show the Chinese power, Chinese speed and Chinese spirit. I am deeply impressed by the unique firm belief of the Chinese people in this fight against the epidemic. I believe that with the joint efforts of everyone, spring will come with hope." Gnahe, a PhD student in Finance from Côte d’Ivoire, asked late at night to join in the work of epidemic prevention and control. He left a message on WeChat and said: "Teacher, I am sorry I disturb you so late. If there is anything that needs to be done, even if it is a volunteer, whether in Nanchang or Wuhan, I want to join my compatriots in the battle of the Chinese people. There is no doubt that we are very grateful to the Chinese people."